Sunday, May 10, 2009

COLOR, MUSIC, LAUGHTER AND FREE HUGS

We took the short drive to the Davis, California, yesterday morning to visit the annual Whole Earth Festival held on the quad at the University of California. I love festivals: the people (mostly young), the colors, the music, the movement, the food. I come away smiling and energized.



Check out the roaming "Free Hugs" guy. Odel got a good hug from him, then I put away the camera and got one, too. :) He stayed very busy, walking all over the quad lawn and giving hugs.

I know that hugs are good for you, and when I got home, I googled, looking for research on the health benefits of hugging. Guess what I found? The Free Hugs Guy is part of a world-wide movement. I found this interesting, touching, inspiring video on YouTube about the guy who started it, Juan Mann (click here to visit the Free Hugs website and learn Juan's story). Take a look - and be sure to give out several hugs today (and everyday).

No comments:

Post a Comment