Monday, June 4, 2007

COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS...

Three days from today we will head north on I-5 from Sacramento to begin our summer travels - and resume updating our blog. An overnight in Redding (CA), a few nights in Eugene (OR) - where we will be putting 6 gigantic new tires on Scoopy - then we have planned a week-long stay in Hood River, Oregon, in the Columbia River Gorge.

By the end of June, we will be visiting one of my favorite state parks in Oregon, Sunset Beach, just west of Coos Bay on the beautiful Oregon coast. I took this photo in July, 2006. It's clear why we want to return, isn't it?

But leaving our former hometown of Sacramento is always a little bittersweet for me. This visit was one of the best: lots of socializing, including visits with friends I haven't seen for a long, long, time; some great meals; and more frequent and fun family visits. Now we are saying our goodbyes and I know I will feel my usual regrets as we pull out of town - until I tilt the passenger seat into lounging position, bring up the footrest, get Luna snuggled into my lap, and we hit 60 miles an hour. Then, whoopeeee - let the summer begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment