Tuesday, April 10, 2007

WARM, SUNNY, SPECTACULAR

At last, around noon today, the clouds and cold weather of the past week rolled away, the sun poured down on us, and everyone began to smile. Ahhhhhhh.....



We have a wonderful, big site in a beautiful municipal park (with golf course) in Fredericksburg, Texas. Because we have gotten a little smarter in these past years of fulltiming, we knew to hold on to a good thing while we could, so we have arranged to stay for a week.



Today, the first day of sunshine, we took off to enjoy the April wildflowers of the Texas Hill Country and to visit RV parks owned by some of the small Hill Country towns.

As we were zipping down the road oooohhhing and aaaaahhhhing at the flowers, we passed an artist at work on the side of the road. Sydney, Odel actually TURNED THE CAR AROUND so that I could go back to take a picture to post for you!



I apologized for interrupting her work, but she didn't seem to care and chatted away while she painted and I took photos. She is an artist from Dallas who drove over to catch the wildflowers in bloom.

This is what she was painting - a pasture covered in white poppies. I don't know how she chose her landscape; there are carpets of wildflowers everywhere.

2 comments:

  1. Fun photo! Also fun to see what she is painting (I like the flowers in your top photo better). That is what I look like, except my umbrella is black, and I don't have so much crap laying all over the ground!

    That will be me in a month, with the Oil Painters of America for their national show, except it will probably be hot, and there will be no more wildflowers. Sigh.

    Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. iT IS SOOOO NICE TO SEE THESE BEAUTIFUL PICTURES OF SUN, BLUE SKIES AND FLOWERS!
    We just got 7 inches of snow! :(
    I'ts actually quite pretty, but green grass and flowers would be much more welcome in the middle of April!!
    loveyou,
    dona

    ReplyDelete