Monday, February 12, 2007

NOTHING TO DO ANY LONGER

Back in the days when we were employed homeowners, I had a never-ending mental to-do list. No matter how much I got done, the list was always there, and usually very long.

Even after we began our travels, the list never went away. I always had something I felt I needed to be doing - usually several “somethings” still on the list - and I began to believe the list was a part of my internal workings that would never go away.

We have been in Mexico for a month, and in Mazatlan, not moving Scoopy, for three weeks. Yesterday, walking on the beach, I realized that the list is gone!

The afternoon was sunny and warm, with a tropical breeze rustling the palm fronds, and the edges of the waves running over my bare feet. I felt that great childhood sensation, always so difficult to recapture, when the day seems to stretch on endlessly, with no thought of what needs to be done next. We have been traveling for almost 4 years… guess I finally got everything done.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, wonderful feeling that must be!!!!!! I haven't experienced it yet. tee hee BUT I do know what you are doing today (Tuesday) -- picking up Jeanie and Ray at 8:30 from their cruise ship!!! Have a glorious day!!! And we can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat post today, Laurie. Sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete